Innocent Spouse Relief

The IRS can sometimes hackle you with a tax debt that is actually the obligation of your spouse or ex-spouse. If the actions of your spouse created the tax problem and you were uninformed of or had no participation in those actions, you can use the IRS Form 8857 to petition tax resolve called “innocent spouse relief” and have the tax debt and fines removed.